Co-founder and Senior Imagician
Manhattan Beach, CA
Widely regarded as the world’s first digital printmaking studio focused solely on photography, Nash Editions has established an international reputation for fine art photographic digital output (read a history of Nash Editions(PDF). Prior to Nash Editions, Mr. Holbert was the Tour Manager for such music groups as Crosby, Stills & Nash, Peter, Paul & Mary and Carole King. He has long been active in the environmental movement helping to produce benefits for the Cousteau Society, Greenpeace, the Algalita Foundation and others. In 2000 Mac was honored by being named a Computerworld Smithsonian Award Laureate for his pioneering work in digital printmaking.
Mr. Holbert has lectured extensively and conducted workshops on digital output, digital imaging/scanning and fine art printmaking on the Epson large format printers. He is a Beta tester for Epson America, X-rite, NEC, Adobe and other software and hardware manufacturers. In 2008, Mr. Holbert became a senior partner in Pixel Genius where he helps to develop enhancement plug-ins for imaging software. He has printed numerous seminal digital fine art exhibits that have been widely shown including:
- 1994 – Metamorphoses: Photography in the Electronic Age for the Aperture Foundation
- 1995 – Nagasaki Journey: The Photographs of Yosuke Yamahata
- 1996 – Nash Editions at the Butler Museum of American Art
- 1998 – Digital Frontiers: Photography’s Future at Nash Editions for the George Eastman House
- 2001 – Epson’s America in Detail: The Photographs of Stephen Wilkes
- 2002 – Telling a Crow Story: The Photographs of Richard Throssel for the National Museum of the American Indian, New York, NY
Mr. Holbert’s clients have included: William Claxton, Jeff Dunas, Robert Heinecken, Stephen Shore, Greg Gorman, David Hockney, Jay Maisel, Robert Weingarten, Douglas Kirkland, Eric Fischl, Danny Lyon, Steve McCurry, Pedro Meyer, Joyce Neimanas, Olivia Parker, Jerry Uelsmann and Maggie Taylor.
Mr. Holbert lives with his family in Ashland, Oregon, where he is active in the local photography scene.
Contact Mac Holbert at firstname.lastname@example.org.